Sevier County Car Accident Attorney
Tennessee Auto Accident Lawyers Representing Injured Victims in Sevier County
At The Barnes Law Firm, our Sevier County car accident attorneys approach every case with honesty, integrity, and the highest level of professional skill. You deserve five-star representation from a personal injury attorney who will put in the time and resources to maximize your financial compensation. If you or your family member was hurt in a car crash in Sevier County, we can help. To schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top-rated Tennessee car accident lawyer, please call our law office or reach out to us directly online.
Schedule Your Free Criminal Defense Consultation Today
What to Do After a Car Crash in Sevier County, TN
After a crash, you need to know how to protect the health, well-being, legal rights, and best interests of your family. Our Sevier County personal injury team wants to make sure you know the steps to take. Here are five important things that you need to do after a serious car accident:
- Stop your vehicle, exchange information, and report the accident to the police:
- Document the collision—taking photographs and getting contact information for witnesses;
- Get medical attention for your injuries (emergency medical needs always come first);
- Avoid giving a recorded statement to an opposing insurance company; and
- Schedule a time to talk with an experienced Sevier County car accident attorney.
Understanding Tennessee’s Auto Accident Laws
Car accident injury claims are governed by state law. If you were hurt in a crash in Sevier County, then Tennessee law will control your rights and responsibilities. Here are three key things to know about Tennessee’s car accident laws:
- A One-Year Statute of Limitations: Our state has one of the most strict statutes of limitations in the entire country for traffic crash injury claims. You must bring a lawsuit within one year of the date of your collision or your case can be dismissed outright. Get in touch with a Sevier County, TN car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
- Car Accident Liability is Based on Fault: Tennessee is an ‘at-fault’ jurisdiction for motor vehicle accidents. To hold a defendant responsible for the injuries, you need to present evidence that shows that their unsafe (negligent) actions or inactions caused the crash.
- Tennessee Uses a Comparative Negligence Standard: In some circumstances, multiple parties share the blame for a single accident. As Tennessee uses a comparative fault standard, liability is divided based on each party’s assigned share of the liability. You can still recover compensation even if you are found partially liable for your own crash. However, your financial recovery will be reduced so it is important to hire an attorney who will protect you from being unfairly blamed.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in a Car Crash Claim?
In Tennessee, car accident victims can recover monetary compensation for out-of-pocket losses and intangible damages. The value of a car accident claim depends, in large part, on the extent of your damages. You deserve compensation for the actual losses that you suffered. Sadly, big insurance companies do not want to pay out. At The Barnes Law Firm, our Sevier County, TN car accident lawyers will fight for every dollar you deserve. You may be able to recover money damages for:
- Emergency room treatment;
- Medical expenses;
- Long-term rehabilitative care;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Physical disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
You Can Rely On Sevier County Car Accident Attorney John Barnes
The car accident claims process is notoriously complex. Big insurance companies put a lot of money into defending their own interests—they know how to tilt things in their favor. At The Barnes Law Firm, we help victims and families level the playing field. Our Sevier County car accident lawyers are prepared to get started working on your case immediately. Among other things, we will:
- Provide a no cost, no obligation review of your personal injury case;
- Answer any questions you have about your rights or your options;
- Investigate the crash—securing evidence and information; and
- Build a strong, compelling case focused on getting you the best results.
Schedule Your Free Criminal Defense Consultation Today
Call Our Sevier County Auto Accident Lawyers for Help
At The Barnes Law Firm, our Sevier County motor vehicle accident lawyers have a passion for justice. Do not go up against the big insurance companies alone. Our firm will be by your side every step of the way. If you have or your loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle wreck, we are ready to get started on your case. Contact us now for a free initial consultation. We represent motor vehicle accident victims throughout Sevier County, including Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville.
"John is amazing not only did he get the outcome he promised he did it in a shorter time than he originally said. He went above and beyond in returning my emails and phone calls. John and staff truly cared about me as a person. I highly recommend John Barnes."
"I would highly recommend Mr. Barnes to everyone & I would definitely contact Mr. Barnes if I or anyone in my family should ever need an attorney again:) They were all very professional, friendly & treated our case with importance:) Mr.Barnes got my son’s DUI dropped to reckless driving so I would definitely recommend him to everyone!!!!!!!"
"Mr. Barnes and his staff are amazing. I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job with my case. At no point in the long process was I disappointed in any way with how things were handled."