The National Trial Lawyers have selected Mr. Barnes as one of the Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40 years old in Tennessee. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers.
Eligibility for Top 40 Under 40:
To encourage and recognize premier younger lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers invites its Top 100 members to submit nominations of outstanding attorneys younger than the age of 40 for inclusion in our Top 40 Under 40 section. Only 40 young attorneys from each state or region will be selected for membership each year. Qualifications are essentially the same as those for the Top 100; nominees should demonstrate superior leadership, reputation, influence, stature and profile as civil plaintiff or criminal defense attorneys. The membership committee will consider:
- Reputation among peers, the judiciary and the public
- Achievements, settlements and verdicts as a trial lawyer
- Board certification as a trial lawyer
- Nominations from leading trial lawyers, current members and Executive Committee members
- Leadership and membership in other national and state trial lawyer organizations
- Rankings and ratings by leading national evaluation organizations
Mr. Barnes is honored by the recognition of his representation of Tennesseans.